Wednesday 13 June 2012

WWW Wednesday (13/06/12)


This is hosted at shouldbereading. To participate you just need to answer the following questions:

  • What are you currently reading? 





Imagine starting at the end and finishing back at the beginning. This is the very story of a teenage girl called Valerie Saunders who is about to be thrown through time and space. Being bestowed with abilities beyond her wildest nightmares, she discovers that she not only has to deal with turning eighteen, her first job and an unwanted tattoo, but also magical powers and intense urges to fall in love. She envisaged she would spend her life blending into the scenery, not blowing it up! 
Val has a calling, but which side is dialling her number?
I'm currently reading "The Thirteenth" by G. L. Twynham. It's a self published book, and is part of a series. I'm just over halfway through, and I've liked what I've seen so far.
  • What did you recently finish reading?  




Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out.... Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea.
I finished reading "Dead Until Dark" by Charlaine  Harris on Sunday. My review for this book can be found here.



  • What do you think you’ll read next?




Hopelessly crossed in love, a boy of half-fairy parentage leaves his mundane Victorian-English village on a quest for a fallen star in the magical realm. The star proves to be an attractive woman with a hot temper, who plunges with our hero into adventures featuring witches, the lion and the unicorn, plotting elf-lords, ships that sail the sky, magical transformations, curses whose effects rebound, binding conditions with hidden loopholes and all the rest.
I think that after I have finished reading "The Thirteenth", I will read "Stardust" by Neil Gaiman. I've already seen the film, but at the time of watching, I wasn't aware that it was based on a book.

6 comments:

  1. These all look like really good books. I will have to look into them :)

    You can find my W.W.W. here:
    http://www.peekabook.it/2012/06/www-wednesdays-june-13.html

    Happy reading!

    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't find the Sookie Stackhouse book that good, but I've been enjoying "The Thirteenth". It really is a middle grade book though, pushing its way into YA

      Delete
  2. I need a Sookie Stackhouse readathon to catch up on the series :-) Hope you enjoy the Gaiman book - I've only read Neverwhere by him and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With 12 books it certainly is a readathon! :P

      I've never read anything of his, but I enjoyed the movie so I'll hopefully enjoy the book too :)

      -Ashleigh

      Delete
  3. I didn't realize Stardust was a book--I really enjoyed the movie, I'll have to pick up the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a Gaiman fan, Stardust is on my to read list.

    Here's my WWW Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete